Friday, January 15, 2010

Mid-term week

So I finished our "midterm" week on Tuesday. However, I feel like I am still in midterms this week. My oldest child had his 8th birthday yesterday, which meant I did not get any school work done. I have a lot of major assignments due this week, so today I am trying to focus wholeheartedly to finish them all on time. Tomorrow I will prep for my son's sleep-over. Then Sunday is out as well since we have church and Bible study. That leaves me with Monday and Tuesday to finish it all. So, I feel like I am stuck in midterms still!
That being said, I am still keeping my grades up. I have not yet turned anything in late, and I am confident that I can continue in that way. I am focused and driven. Are condensed classes more difficult? Absolutely! I have to finish everything for a typical semester in just 10 weeks. In addition, I need to maintain my priorities - and school is number 4 or 5. However, this keeps me going. I know that in just a few weeks I will be done with these classes and onto something new. I will take my week off and enjoy it to the fullest while I prep for the next class. I will continue with that term as I have this term - focused and driven. Knowing that I will finish a class in just over 2 months helps me keep my focus because I feel like I am moving ahead on my degree completion even faster than a typical semester. Really, this isn't true - but it provides the illusion of moving ahead quicker. This is fine by me, since I need all the encouragement I can get.
So, off I head to work on research and continue with homework. Sleep, shower, food - that can wait! Homework, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment