Friday, January 22, 2010

An easier week?

This week I am looking over my assignments and realizing that they seem fairly simple. This is great since I have to fly solo again this week. I will be a single mom from Sun-Fri next week. This is fairly typical for a military wife, but it is much more difficult when nearing the final term of school. I handled a month with my husband gone for last term, so I am sure that one week will be fine. I am just grateful to have a simpler week for school.

I have to say, I am grateful that God seemed to have worked this out this way. It seems that the weeks I need a break the most - that I am desperate for a break - I actually find one in some area. This week it will be in school. Previously I have found that break from youth work. Sometimes I have enjoyed a weekend or day away so that I have no "mommy responsibilities" to worry about. Regardless, I am enjoying whatever break I can find. For a mother of 4, and someone trying to do so much, breaks are always appreciated!

Speaking of breaks, I am going to go on a women's retreat at the ocean in North Carolina in March. The first weekend in March - it is a women's only weekend with plenty of time to relax, connect with friends, make new friends, and catch up on sleep! Feel free to ask me for more information - it is a nation-wide retreat, so everyone is invited! Maybe I will finally meet some of you there. = )

Cathi

No comments:

Post a Comment