Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving feast

Next week is Thanksgiving...I am sure you have noticed. ;) So, I wanted to pass along a few ideas for next week. The couple of days leading up to Thanksgiving are just as immportant as Thanksgiving Day in regards to what you eat. Tue and Wed try to eat extreme low-fat, low-carb meals. Cut down to 1,000-1,200 calories per day Mon-Wed. Eat 40% protein, 10% carb, and 50% produce (not canned!). This will help clean out your system and boost your metabolism just before the holiday feast. It will also ensure that you are actually hungry when the feast begins. On Thanksgiving Day, try eating a good breakfast at least 6 hours before your feast. Approximately 3 hours later, or half-way between the breakfast and feast, eat a light snack. The best snack would be a small salad with light dressing (or none), an apple, and some water. This is enough to get your stomach juices going, but will save room for extra calories later. Lastly, try to fill your plate without any food touching. My friends all know that I do not like my food to touch. However,there is a good reason other than my finicky preference. If your food is not touching, you have to have less food on your plate overall. So, this will ensure that you choose wisely so that you take the most of what you truly enjoy. If none of your food is touching, you probably have the perfect amount of food. I heard a friend say that your stomach is as big around as your plate. While this may hold some truth, I have seen people fit a lot of food onto a fairly small plate. So, the concept of not letting your food touch was born. I hope these ideas help you maintain self-control while enjoying the holidays! Follow my blog for tips all throughout the holiday season and right into the new year! As always, feel free to comment with questions or other ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment