Monday, November 5, 2012

Staying Fit through the Holidays

I realize a lot of time has passed and I neglected this blog...here goes again! I will be attempting to post 3-5 times per week. I want to pick up where I left off last year: holidays and food. I have a few ideas to help you stay fit through the holidays: 1. Add something new to your Thanksgiving traditions this year. Discuss it as a family/couple/friends and agree on one thing: exercise! So, this does not mean you have to go out and run or do anything you hate. My personal favorite is to get everyone outside and play football. That is probably some of the most fun as a group, and you burn a lot of calories in the process! Maybe your family can go for a hike, or play some active WII games. Just make sure you add something to your Thanksgiving celebration that will start a new tradition leading to fitness. 2. Plan exercise into your calendar now. We all know how busy the holidays get. If you do not write it into your calendar now, you may not exercise before New Years...and the we are back to Resolutions we do not keep. So, write it down...right now...go ahead ;) Please reply with your ideas for a fitness tradition for Thanksgiving! I would love to hear them! Ann - your nutrition consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment