Monday, December 14, 2009

The Christmas Rush

In the hustle and bustle and "busy-ness" of life, we often miss so much. I keep reminding myself to just slow down and enjoy each day. Still, somehow the to-do list takes over. Before I know it the day is gone, the kids are sleeping, and we have little to show for our day as far as memories go. This week I know will be tough. I am trying to work ahead on school before we start the long drive north for Christmas. I need to finish school with the kids, finish shopping, finish my school, clean the house, pack, ship a few Christmas gifts, mail our Christmas cards....the list goes on. Why is it we allow ourselves to be caught up in all of these "have-to's" and checklists? How I wish we could simply enjoy each day. I would love nothing more than to light a fire in the fireplace, and sip on some hot cocoa while watching "Numbers" with my hubby right now. Still, class is starting, and my list is waiting...I must push on. I yearn for Friday to come, and pray that all is finished by then. My desire is to truly rest this Christmas break. I pray the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment